Last updated: 29/10/2018
This document clarifies under which circumstances the NV CORE, with registered office at 3000 LEUVEN, Naamsestraat 9, KBO 0835.131.297 and the associated companies collects, processes and uses your personal data, as well as how these data are secured.
GETAWAY undertakes to strictly comply with the legal provisions relating to the protection of personal data as laid down in Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 (General Data Protection Regulation, hereinafter referred to as GDPR).
2) Categories of data
The following categories of personal data may be processed by GETAWAY:
o Surname and first name
o Date of birth
o Place of residence
o Credit card details
o Bank account number
o Fixed and/or mobile phone
o Email address
o Passport data
o Camera surveillance
o Check-in/Check-out data
o Activities on our websites
o IP address
o Possible limited additional personal data provided
Apart from the preceding data GETAWAY will occasionally use the following additional data, which may be sensitive to the data subjects:
o Data from which ethnic origin can be deduced;
These potentially sensitive data will only be used in order to fulfil legal obligations when a customer wishes to rent a room or an apartment through www.getaway.be.
It is an obligation for GETAWAY to keep the data she retains up-to-date as much as possible. Therefore whenever you make a new reservation you need to inform us in case your information is no longer up-to-date and needs to be changed.
3) Purposes and grounds for the processing.
GETAWAY will only process your personal data in the cases allowed by art. 6.1 GDPR, i.e.:
- If necessary for the performance of a contract;
- In order to comply with a legal obligation;
- If necessary to protect the vital interests of the data subject;
- If necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests of GETAWAY (e.g. prevention of fraud, internal administration, direct marketing);
- If you have given your consent.
GETAWAY in particular processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- In order to allow GETAWAY to fulfil the obligations she commits herself too, this among others in the context of the letting of rooms and apartments and hotel services;
- To safeguard the security of the customers and personnel;
- To make statistical analysis of the consumers and visitors of the websites and the GETAWAY accommodations (www.getaway.be);
- In order to contact you – if necessary – concerning the services which are provided by GETAWAY. This will generally only happen in case you have rented a room or an apartment at GETAWAY;
- Sending newsletters and promotions to consumers and other involved parties, this among others concerning the letting of rooms and apartments;
- Protecting the rights of GETAWAY, in case of any dispute concerning the actions or activities of GETAWAY.
The processing of your data is based either on the agreements (concerning accommodation) between the consumer and GETAWAY, or on the legitimate interests of GETAWAY of providing a correct and optimal service.
Based on the legitimate interests of GETAWAY the data of consumers and any other concerned will be used in order to inform them concerning products and services, similar or relating to the ones they already bought or already made use of. F.e. after your stay we will ask if you were satisfied with our services.
The processing of personal data by GETAWAY can also happen on the basis of legal provisions to which GETAWAY has to comply. F.e. GETAWAY is bound by tax and accounting regulations to retain and provide certain personal data to the competent authorities.
Equally GETAWAY is bound by existing regulation to collect certain information about the guests in order to know who is staying at her hotels (for safety reasons) and to process this for statistical purposes. GETAWAY can base this processing of personal data also on her legitimate interests given the fact that guaranteeing safety is an essential part of her tasks and the processing of statistical data is done anonymously to the extent possible.
GETAWAY makes use of an opt-in policy concerning newsletters. Therefore GETAWAY will only send newsletters if the consumers of other persons concerned have agreed to this.
Your debit/credit card details are only used to secure your booking and GETAWAY will only debit the account accordingly to our cancellation policy.
4) Retention periods
GETAWAY will not retain your personal data longer than strictly necessary for the purposes for which they were collected. The information will always be retained in accordance with the legal, regulatory and internal requirements.
GETAWAY will retain your personal data for a maximum period of 7 years after you have made use of our services and facilities. This based on her legal and fiscal obligations.
However, certain data will be deleted before this maximum period (f.e. surveillance images after max. 2 months, credit card data after check-out date, etc.)
After this period all personal data will be removed except the following categories:
- If the consumer or any other person involved wishes to receive the GETAWAY-newsletters.
- Any data that needs to be retained based on legal obligations.
5) Transfer and third parties.
Whenever possible, your data will exclusively be processed internally by GETAWAY (and its affiliates or legal successors, as the case may be).
The personal data that is processed by GETAWAY will be used by staff members of GETAWAY in order to guarantee an optimal service. GETAWAY guarantees that her staff will only use and process these data if it is necessary for her tasks. GETAWAY guarantees that each processing will happen according to the existing legal framework.
GETAWAY does call upon specific third parties in order to guarantee an optimal service level. This concerns services relating to the following elements:
- Internet environment (hosting of a website, WIFI);
- IT Infrastructure (Servers, CRM, SAP, mail service etc.);
- ISP and telephony providers;
- Surveillance cameras;
- Telephonic night assistance;
- Financial service providers;
- Security services;
- Booking sites.
As these external parties may have access to personal data, GETAWAY undertakes to conclude the required processor's agreements with these parties in order to guarantee adequate protection of the personal data.
Sometimes GETAWAY also has the obligation to transfer your personal data to third parties. This is especially the case if we are required to do so by law, by court order or if government agencies are entitled to request these data from us.
In principle, your data will not be transferred to third countries (outside the European Union), nor to any international organisations.
Statistical data concerning the letting of rooms and apartments will be transferred to certain government agencies.
Except for the above-mentioned recipients, GETAWAY will not transfer personal data to a third party without your prior consent.
6) Rights of the data subject
You are entitled to access and rectification of your personal data retained by GETAWAY. In addition, you can also request the erasure of your data in the cases provided for by law, e.g.:
- If the data are no longer needed for the purposes for which they were processed;
- If you have withdrawn your consent and there is no other legal ground for the processing;
- If you have exercised your right to object;
- If the personal data have been unlawfully processed;
- In order to comply with a legal obligation;
You are also entitled to withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal data (if the processing took place on the basis of your consent), subject to the impact this may have on any services.
If you object to the processing of your data by GETAWAY, you can request a restriction of the processing until a solution is found.
Finally, you have a right to data portability if the processing is carried out by automated means. You can object to the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes at any time and without any justification.
If you want to exercise these rights you can send an email to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to verify the identity of the person making the request and to prevent an authorised person from having access to personal data, a copy of the front side or your ID card or passport must be attached to the email.
You also have the right to file a complaint with the Belgian Data Protection Authority:
+32 (0)2 274 48 00
+32 (0)2 274 48 35
Usually, cookies contain two pieces of information: a site name and unique user ID. Cookies cannot be used alone to identify you, although they may be used to identify your IP address. Cookies help us and/or third party websites recognize your device the next time you visit and may remember details such as your username and preferences, analyze how the website is performing, or allow us to recommend content we believe is relevant to you.
Generally, cookies used on this website may perform the following functions:
- Essential: These temporary cookies only remain in the cookies folder of your browser until you leave our website.
- Performance: These cookies are stored on your computer – they contain no personal information and are used to improve performance and assist in navigation. They remain in the cookies folder of your browser for longer than “Essential” cookies (dependent on your browser settings).
We use or allow third parties to serve cookies that fall into the categories above. We use Google Analytics to help us monitor our website traffic, and cookies may also be served via www.getaway.be. GETAWAY may also use third party cookies to help us with market research, revenue tracking, improving site functionality and monitoring compliance with our Terms and Conditions and Copyright Policy as stated in our Terms and Conditions.
By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device. GETAWAY has links to social networking websites (for example but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram,Linkedin,..) from GETAWAY. These websites may place cookies on your computer. We do not control how they use their cookies. We suggest you check their website to see how they are using cookies.
For more information about cookies, visit www.aboutcookies.org. Please note that by blocking or deleting cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of our website.
8) Photography & Film
No permission is needed to take photos or film at our properties. However, we do ask if photographing or filming other guests not part of your group that you seek permission from them first. Verbal consent is solicited as a goodwill gesture.
On occasions we may commission crews to film or take photographs at our properties for promotional purposes. If you do not wish to be filmed or photographed, you are required to voluntarily leave the filming or photography area.
9) Security of the data
GETAWAY continuously checks the security of the personal data stored and processed within its organisation. In its capacity as data controller and potential data processor, GETAWAY undertakes to take all necessary measures to prevent unauthorised persons from having access to the personal data entrusted to her. These measures also serve to prevent the loss, the destruction or the unauthorised disclosure of these data.